Time & Location
12 May, 11:00 – 12:30
Belfast, Ormeau Rd, Belfast BT7 3GG, UK
About the Event
Trees are full of lore, mischief and sometimes something delicious. Come join wild food guide Clare McQuilan for a forage of trees in the urban wild of Ormeau Park to learn about the secret curses, unusual romance and curious celebrations in the Irish myths of trees. Clare will also be showing you how to confidently identify a whole forest of trees by their leaves, bark and flowers. There will be an opportunity to gather ingredients for tea and a foraged snack at the end inspired by the walk.
- Tickets are are £5
- This will be most suitable for ages 14+. Children under this age are welcome along free of charge but please let me know so I can count them in!
- Well behaved dogs on the lead are welcome but note that this is a slow pace and may not suit them.
- Ticket includes some light refreshments. Please inform me of any dietary requirements on the booking page. Note that I may not be able to cater for all requests but I will endeavour to!
- Please arrive with appropriate clothing and footwear as events will run no matter the weather except in the rare instances where it might be dangerous.
- This walk is slow and gentle and keeps to the paths so should suit most with any limited mobility. Please get in touch here if you need some more specific information.
If you have a gift voucher to use against this booking please get in touch with me directly here
Please take a moment to read full terms and conditions here before booking.