A Walking Feast at Castle Ward
Time & Location
About the Event
I'm thrilled to say that I am back at Castle Ward for the first time this year! It is a magical foraging location and even if you're already familar with the place this is a way of seeing it you may have not experienced before. At this special site we will identify some unique edible coastal plants, fruits, trees and maybe even some fungi and I will share some exciting ways to use these in your cooking.
As we walk along we will be trying little tastes of something fun, unusual and hopefully delicious based on the plants and fungi that we see. Everything we try will be a one off inspired directly by the season and bounty of Castle Ward.
We will be meeting at 11:00am for a snack and drink on arrival, then going for a gentle explore of the beautiful site finding seasonal ingredients and tasting as we go. Come hungry! These events are designed for beginners to edible plants so even if you feel you have no prior knowledge you can gain some information about how to forage to get you on your wild food journey.
- These sessions run as a small group so tickets are very limited
- Tickets are priced at £40
- Please inform me of any dietary requirements. Note that I may not be able to cater for all requests.
- Please arrive with appropriate clothing and footwear as events will run no matter the weather.
- This walk is not suitable for children. Well behaved dogs are welcome but note that this is a slow pace and may not suit them.
- This walk is slow & gentle and keeps to the paths so should suit most with any limited mobility but there are a few spots along the path where there are hills. Please get in touch here if you need some more specific information.
If you have a gift voucher to use against this booking please get in touch with me directly here
Please take a moment to read full terms and conditions here before booking.
- Sold OutFull Price£40£400£0