Fri, 28 Jul|
Foraging Rostrevor with Fiddlers Green
Join me for a forage in Rostrevor as part of Fiddlers Green 2023.
Time & Location
28 Jul, 11:00 – 13:00
Rostrevor, 38 Bridge St, Rostrevor, Newry BT34 3BG, UK
About the Event
Please take a minute to read through all the information below!
Come join me, Clare McQuillan, for a slow, observational walk around this special space for around 90 minutes. Expect to discover at least 12 different Summer edible plants and learn about how to use them in your kitchen. These events are designed for absolute beginners to wild food so even if you feel you have no prior knowledge you can gain some information about how to forage to get you on your wild food journey.
- Places are free to attend. Please get in touch as soon as possible if you are no longer able to use your tickets.
- This walk is family friendly but please keep an eye on little fingers and mouths on the walk and listen carefully for instructions on edibility. Well behaved dogs on a lead are welcome but note that this is a slow pace and may not suit them.
- Ticket includes a snack and a drink. Please inform me of any dietary requirements. Note that I may not be able to cater for all requests but I will endeavour to!
- Please note that this event is for educational purposes and not for harvesting. Samples may be gathered for identification purposes. Guidance on foraging rules will be given at the start of the walk.
- Please arrive with appropriate clothing and footwear as events will run no matter the weather except in the rare instances where it might be dangerous.
- This walk is slow and gentle and keeps to the paths so should suit most with any limited mobility. Please get in touch here if you need some more specific information.
Please take a moment to read full terms and conditions here before booking.